HTTP GET Request Message

From: Monica Lau <mllau2004_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:35:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am trying to send an XML request to a web server via an HTTP GET. So, in a typical HTTP request message, we have:

GET /somedir/page.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.someschool.edu
Connection: close

I believe the "Host" field is filled out by the "CURLOPT_URL" option using the curl_easy_setopt function. My question is in regards to the "GET" field in the HTTP request message -- how do I fill this in libcurl? I want to fill it with the XML string, rather than with an html page. (I've looked at the documents and sample code, but most of them are for posting data.) Also, how can I specify a port number (other than 80) using libcurl?

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Monica