Re: one remaining issue before next release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:04:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I've patched hostip.c to use a dummy UDP socket (Windows doesn't have
> PF_LOCAL). Only tested with libtests 503, 504, 507 and 509 which runs fine
> now (they didn't before this patch).

Thanks! I committed it now.

What do you think about my idea to bind() the UPD socket on 127.0.0.1 so that
the thread can make the socket readable?

If we don't provide something similar to this, the multi interface without
ares on windows work only if the app times out the select() in a timely manner
and call curl_multi_perform() even though no fd_set signals it to read or
write.