Re: valgrind and curl tests

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:45:59 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:
>

>>>and check the log/curl.log file, or use -v (for verbose).
>>
>>No curl.log file is generated.
>

> Aha. The test script stops before it even gets to that.
>

>>fbsd$ ./runtests.pl -k 1
>>couldn't run curl! at ./runtests.pl line 744.
>

> This means that the command "$CURL -V 2>/dev/null" failed ($CURL being
> ../src/curl). I don't understand how valgrind's presence or absense affects
> this!

It looks like a problem with valgrind. When the command is run it sets
the --logfile-fd=3 option, which results in the response
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open
"/usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so". It's there, and permissions are ok.

Stay tuned, I'll get with the port maintainer and see if he knows what's
going on.

Joe