RE: freeing up handles

From: emerson, jeff <emerson_jeff_at_EMC.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:30:28 -0400

1. I'm using libcurl 7.11.1.
2. Statically linked.

Since we last spoke, I've discovered it only occurs when using libcurl with
SSL. I went back and used the standard version of libcurl - without ssl -
and all worked well - the handles were released properly. But, when I use
libcurl with ssl incorporated into it, the problem reappears.

If I open and close curl every time I want it to call it, a new handle is
created, but never released.
If I open curl only once and perform curl commands against that 1 instance
for the entire run of the program, it releases the handles properly.

I guess that's my solution - open curl only once. However, if I do that, but
then open a VPN connection and call curl, the connection will return with a
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT message, then succeed on its 2nd attempt and add a
new handle which is never released. When I close the VPN tunnel, I receive a
CURLE_RECV_ERROR message the 1st time but succeed on the 2nd and again
create a handle which is never freed up.
Thanks in advance for any help you could provide. Jeff