CURLE_RECV_ERROR and SIGPIPE

From: J.J.Green <j.j.green_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:40:18 +0100

Hi curlers

Im having a bit of a problem with an application
Ive written, which occasionally fails with an
"FTP response reading failed" from curl_easy_perform().

Schlepping through ftp.c I see that this occurs
when Curl_read() sets the gotbytes variable to a
negative value in Curl_GetFTPResponse(). I also
get a SIGPIPE (not yet trapped so crashes the app)
presumably raised somewhere in Curl_read().

I wonder if someone could explain what is happening
here? It sounds like libcurl is trying to talk to
another process to ask for data, but fails to send
anything through a pipe it has set up for the purpose.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

--
J. J. Green, Department of Applied Mathematics, Hicks Bd.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.