Re: CURLE_RECV_ERROR and SIGPIPE

From: J.J.Green <j.j.green_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:07:20 +0100

Hi

> > Im having a bit of a problem with an application Ive written, which
> > occasionally fails with an "FTP response reading failed" from
> > curl_easy_perform().
>
> And the server are providing a nice and clean FTP command response?

Of course! but to syslog :-)

It's a daemon sending data to clients, when
I get nonzero return from curl_easy_perform() I just
mark the job as not-sent and put it back in the queue
to try again later.

> Actually, we're trying to avoid the SIGPIPE signal by using MSG_NOSIGNAL on
> platforms that have it. If you are using such a platform, then we've failed...

I should have said : this is Debain linux 2.4.22 , gcc-3.3,
curl 7.11.1 (debian libcurl2 v 7.11.1-1). The manual
for sendmsg(2) mentions MSG_NOSIGNAL, so I think that
this a supported platform

Jim

--
J. J. Green, Department of Applied Mathematics, Hicks Bd.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.