Regarding the new test case 160 failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:49:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

In an attempt to clear things up, I modified test case 88 and 154 to more
closely look like "actual" server responses, and then they run fine on all
operating systems in the autobuild setup.

I then added test case 160 to test the problem in a more controlled and
dedicated test case where I want the following to happen:

1 - curl fetches a HTTP page from the server.
2 - the server delivers the response with a content-length, implying that the
    connection will be kept alive
3 - the server then keeps the connection alive 1 second more and then closes
    it
4 - curl fetches a second request from the same server, and since it was a
    connection kept alive it re-uses the same connection as before.
5 - when curl sends its request, the server has or will close the connection
    (described in step 3)
6 - this situation is meant to be detected at lib/transfer.c:1949 and then
    libcurl should setup a new connection and retry the request on that.

When test case 160 fails, as it currently does on Solaris, AIX, IRIX and Tru64
(at least) libcurl fails step 6. It only seems to work correctly on Linux atm.

Since I have a Solaris box myself, I'll start working on this now. Feel free
to join in!