Re: More TODOs

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:40:01 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> I'll volounteer to do the autoconf stuff for libidn. If you just provide the
> necessary #ifdef magic in the code.

Okay. I've briefly started on this.

> > Or use Window' native NLS functions; convert to/from native charset and
> > UTF-8 (to support non-ASCII ldap queries). But I don't know yet what the RFC
> > says about encodings in LDAP..
>
> I'm pretty clueless when it comes to LDAP...

I think I'll drop UTF-8 in the first round and just make an plain US-ASCII
version of ldap_url_parse(). But then we'd have url-parsers all over the place.
Would moving the URL parsers to GNU-Flex be an idea? ref. the thread
on liburi.

> Why? The other debug functions are there to track memory/resources to make
> sure we don't leak, but getnameinfo() can't leak!?

Ah, that's true. Thought that because there's a Curl_getaddrinfo(), a
Curl_getnameinfo() would complement it.

--gv