Re: cleaning up lib/hostip.c

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:51:38 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> You can have a look at my first shot here:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/beta/hostip-cleanup1.patch (95383 bytes)

I've briefly looked at it and it looks cleaner, but
init_gethostbyname_thread() is static in hostthre.c but called from
hostip4.c.

My upcoming threaded getaddrinfo() uses the same code
as in init_gethostbyname_thread (except for the 'hints' to
getaddrinfo). So we could call it Curl_init_getX_thread() or similar.

Maybe all the common headers etc. in host*.c should be
grouped in a host_common.h.

> This patch is a diff against my current CVS so it probably needs a pretty
> recent source to apply nicely.

Could you put hostip.c in /beta? Too much diffs to apply safely.

--gv