Re: IDN

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:39:27 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> While we don't use libiconv.a/iconv.h directly, I don't think we need to check
> for them specificly as libidn itself should check for those and setup them up
> when that is built and installed.
>
> Or am I wrong?

No, but idna_to_ascii_lz() would probably waste CPU if there's
no iconv. But just leave as-is incase iconv is installed after libcurl
was built.

More importantly, it now works (for http at least).
curl www.tromsų.no | lynx -stdin

   Tromsų kommune

   [0.gif]
   [px.gif] Tjenestetilbud

which is the correct page. I'm not sure about the conn-reuse stuff,
but the simple case above and lib50* have no leaks.

Patch attached with some host*.c patches too.

--gv