Re: bugs in sample C code for fopen (again, with stack trace)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 20:27:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Dickerson wrote:

> Just to make sure that I have all my flags correct, here is the compile and run:
> [mobi_at_catlow forums]$make fopen
> gcc -g -c fopen.c
> gcc -o fopen -g -L/w2/m/www.myownbusiness.org/curl/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl fopen.o
> chmod 755 fopen
>
> [mobi_at_catlow forums]$./fopen

You can 'ldd fopen' to get to see the path to the exact libcurl that is used.
It might just be that old one. I actually think you are using the old version.

You could also invoke curl_version() from within your program to display the
version number of the libcurl it uses.

> When should I post this to the bug page?

No need to do that at all really, we already cover it here and you won't reach
any new helping souls by submitting a bug report in the tracker.