Re: how do we remove this annoying gcc warning?

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:40:18 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> Since I installed gcc 3.4.0 on one of my linux hosts do autobuilds, I get a
> warning on all builds. See this one:

Does precompiled headers work? And does it compile faster. I tried
djgpp version of gcc 3.40 prerelease, but it crashed on some PD-curses
files.

> http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20040505112222-1828#prob1
>
> Anyone has any good suggestion on how the code would do to avoid this warning?
> If the code can't be changed, is there a gcc warning option we can add/remove
> to prevent this from polluting the autobuild logs?

How about:
    func = *(dynafunc*)dlsym(libldap, name);

or an explisit cast.
    func = (void(*)(void*))dlsym(libldap, name);

But I don't see the point of 'dynafunc' since the ret-val
is casted again in DYNA_GET_FUNCTION().

--gv