AIX, xlc vs gcc!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:18:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

With James Bursa's recent cleanup-fix in lib/formdata.c we got a new strange
effect in the autobuilds:

All tests on AIX with the xlc compiler that do multipart formposts fail.
Closer inspections reveal that the Content-Length: field of the POST request
that is set differs from what the test case expects it to be. The size used
seem to be 1, 2 or 3 bytes off.

The same OS and tests work fine when built with gcc!

I've been reading through the lib/formdata.c:Curl_getFormData() function now
multiple times without spotting any obvious flaw.

Here's a fine example on a failure:

        http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20040511071118-19221#prob1

I could use a few more eyeballs having a look at this weirdness.