Re: AIX, xlc vs gcc!

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:42:34 +0200

On May 11, 8:21, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>Hi
>
>With James Bursa's recent cleanup-fix in lib/formdata.c we got a new strange
>effect in the autobuilds:
>
>All tests on AIX with the xlc compiler that do multipart formposts fail.
>Closer inspections reveal that the Content-Length: field of the POST request
>that is set differs from what the test case expects it to be. The size used
>seem to be 1, 2 or 3 bytes off.
>
>The same OS and tests work fine when built with gcc!
[...]

Hey, I knew it was a good idea to set up all my autobuilds with more than one
compiler :-) (And Daniel deserves a ton of credit to come up with the test
suite and autobuild system in the first place. It's just amazingly useful!)

I had a look at the autobuild web page, and this indeed looks a bit funny..
Unfortunately no bells were ringing. Anyone else with an AIX box on this list?
I'll start debugging when I get home (I'm on mission this week) if it hasn't
been resolved by then.

-Tor