RE: Bypass Proxy server

From: He, Hong <Hong_He_at_nl.compuware.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:59:02 +0200

Hell Daniel,

Yes, the BYPASS in InternetOpen() makes sure that for those URL's the Proxy
Server
will not be used.

The Windows API is:

InternetOpen
This function initializes an application's use of the Windows CE Internet
functions.

HINTERNET WINAPI InternetOpen(
LPCTSTR lpszAgent,
DWORD dwAccessType,
LPCTSTR lpszProxy,
LPCTSTR lpszProxyBypass,
DWORD dwFlags);

The parameter:
lpszProxyBypass
Long pointer to a null-terminated string that contains an optional list of
host names or IP addresses, or both, that should not be routed through the
proxy. The list can contain wildcards. Do not use an empty string, because
InternetOpen will use it as the proxy bypass list. If this parameter
specifies the "<local>" macro as the only entry, the function bypasses any
host name that does not contain a period. If this parameter is NULL, the
function reads the bypass list from the registry.

Regards,

Hong