RE: FTP third party transfer (proxy) support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> So your suggestion is to add CURLTOPT_FTP_TARGET_URL additional to the 4
> option for setopt().

No, I would say that my _question_ is why CURLTOPT_FTP_TARGET_URL can't be
used instead of the 4 new options! :-)

> I am not complete with FTP and FTPS or ";type=X" because the data connection
> is between the remote host and the options should be consistent, i.e. if for
> the first URL ";type=X" and for the second - ";type=Y", we have
> inconsistency.

Ah, indeed. The type thing cannot differ, since that is set for the transfer
and there's only one transfer...

> Therefore it is better that such kind of options will be defined only, let's
> say, for the source URL and CURLTOPT_FTP_TARGET_URL will not exist. And also
> FTP or FTPS will defined once according to the source URL, which means that
> the data connection between remote hosts will be the same.

FTPS status could differ. You can login using FTP on one server and FTPS on
the other for the control connection. Only the data connection is common and
will only use one of them.

If you feel strongly for the multiple-options version, then proceed like this
and let us get the functionality first and get a "feel for it" before we argue
more about this tiny detail.