Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 solved - new proxy issue

From: <Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:41:19 +0200

>> Even if you say curl do not uses winsock anymore,

>It uses winsock all right, just not winsock2. Did you try to link with the
>winsock1 lib? (I'm out on thin ice here.)

I've changed the lib/Makefile.vc6 according to the src/Makefile.vc6, so
that both of them links wsock32.lib instead of WS2_32.lib.

> While that is an easy and quick work-around for these build problems,
>it is not a direction of development I approve of.

>Besides, if you only want libcurl as a DLL, you can safely ignore any link
>errors you get when you build the curl tool. Those link errors weren't for
the
>lib, right?

Right.
Anyway, I've fixed the Makefiles so that everything compiles withouth
changing the
libcurl.def (I've added timeval.c, etc...).

Attached you'll find the new Makefiles (if you care) and the diff output
(hope it's
 useful).

>> Did you change the way you handle the cookies?

>Since when?

Since libcurl 7.11.1

>There haven't been any major changes in the cookie area in quite
>some time, if you don't mean the two bug fixes I've did the last couple of
>days.

I'm not referring to any particular change in the cookie module. It was
only a dubt caused by the fact
that my server application is not able to mantain the session anymore (it
mantains it using cookies).
when curl passes through my iPlanet proxy.
with curl 7.11.1, I get an 'Empty response from server', but the session is
correctly handled.

Thank you all for your help,
     Massimiliano Ziccardi

(See attached file: Makefiles.zip)(See attached file: Makefile.vc6.patch)

|--------+--------------------------------->
| | Daniel Stenberg |
| | <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> |
| | Sent by: |