RE: WITHOUT_MM_LIB question

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:17:54 -0700

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2004, David Byron wrote:
>
> > I like with this approach. I'll submit a patch to do this
> > if people agree.
>
> I'll hold the release until this issue is sorted out.
> (Anyway, its Friday now and it's a national holiday on
> Monday so nothing will happen on my front before Tuesday
> anyway and it usually takes about a day for me to catch up
> after a weekend of activities so perhaps Wednesday is a good
> day for release...)

Given that it's so close to a release, and that dynamically loading a
library is a little more than a trivial change, I've changed my mind.
How's this patch to go back to the behavior we had before where libcurl
uses the functions in winmm.lib by default?

I'm wrestling a bit with the idea that we might have winmm on some
machines and not others, so by dynamically loading it, we're sacrificing
resolution that we could just link in. At least for those of us
statically linking winmm.lib.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

-DB