Re: curl cross-compile bug

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:17:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Chris Gaukroger wrote:

(CC'ing this reply over to the libcurl mailing list for info.)

> I found the tests are run when cross compiling e.g. for arm when you cannot
> run the tests as you are on a different target.

"the tests are run" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I see your point.

> I fixed the problem temporarily by changing the exit 1 to echo "Would exit 1
> here ***" in the lines that gave error with tests

I don't get it. Why are you even running 'make test' when they don't work for
you? (I mean, I agree that it would be nicer if it just said "we can't run the
test suite when cross-compiling" rather than failing miserably, but...)

What am I missing?

> The clue to fix the problem was given in
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2003-05/0013.html

I disagree. That clue fixed the problem we had in the configure script back
then. It won't prevent the test scripts from attempt to run when you enter
'make test'.