libcurl.so.[X]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:20:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

I've noticed the debian bug tracker get flooded since the latest libcurl
version has a bumped SO number, I thought I'd point this out clearly to you
all here who might not have noticed yet.

I bumped the library version for 7.12 due to the removal of curl_formparse()
from the library. I believe this is considered the kosher thing to do in these
cases.

On Linux, this means that the shared library will be named libcurl.so.3 when
installed. Other operating systems will have similar bumps in the numbering,
moving from 2 to 3.

This should allow older programs to remain using the 2 (since they
theoretically might use the function we've removed) until they are rebuilt to
use the 3 one.