Re: binary mode on Win32 but LF becomes CRLF

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:32:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Rowe David W. wrote:

> I have set the mode of stdout to binary.
> All LFs are being converted to CRLF pairs.

Why don't just just open a file and writes the downloaded stream to that
instead?

There's nothing in libcurl that features this concept of text vs binary. That
is a windows-feature you need to deal with outside of the library.

It sounds very weird that you don't get the same problem if you set fwrite and
stdout, and I cannot explain why it behaves like that.