RE: FTP third party transfer (proxy) support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:02:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> > I want curl_formadd() to exist even when HTTP is disabled. I want the full
> > library API to exist at all times (no matter what build options you used).
>
> In this case you don't need the "disable" options at all.

???

The API is not the same thing as the full functionality. The API is just the
entry-points. I want all libcurl-using applications to be able to link with
all libcurls, no matter what build options that were used to create a
particular libcurl. (At least in general, there are exceptions to the rule of
course.)

The disable options are there to allow shrinking of the footprint for people
who have no particular need or desire to use specific portions/protocols of
libcurl. I think they still serve that purpose even if curl_formadd() is
present and returns failure.