simple DNS server anyone?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:09:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

In the curl test suite we have a set of simple servers for FTP and HTTP to
excersize the code and verify functionality.

I would like to extend this kind of testing by adding a name (DNS) server to
the mix. Does anyone reading this know of a good and simple DNS server source
code to start off with? I don't feel like starting from zero myself (although
I am prepared to do so if necessary).

I can imagine a server written in C, or why not perl (or possibly Python or
similar but since we already require perl it would be better to stick with
that).

The server would/could also be used to test pure c-ares functionality, outside
libcurl's domains.

Anyone?