Re: PATCH: A fix to allow OpenVMS to (HTTP) POST data larger than64K...

From: Marty Kuhrt <marty_at_Barra.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Tim Sneddon, Systems Programmer, BSD, Infomedia Ltd wrote:
>
> > We are starting to use curl for a few more things these days. Would you be
> > interested in having the test system fixed up? I haven't really looked at it
> > much, but I'm guessing there just hasn't been the time?
>
> That would be awesome! Another interesting task for you would be to setup an
> autobuild for VMS: http://curl.haxx.se/auto/. I don't know how hard this would
> be on VMS, but it would make it easier for us to make sure we keep building
> fine on all these wonderful platforms.

You are correct, I haven't looked into doing the tests due to lack of
time. As for autobuilds, I'm not sure how much effort it would take
to make it automatic. I haven't seen an autoconfig that works well on
VMS. That's not to say there isn't one, I just haven't seen it.
Currently the build is a brute force build that usually requires a bit
of tinkering in the config-vms.h file.

> > Also, all the software we distribute goes out in PCSI kits, we have been
> > packaging curl and libcurl, internally, using PCSI for the last couple of
> > versions. These kits contain shareable images and shareable image libraries.
> > Would you be interested in these?

In the download area I currently provide three zips. One each for
VAX, AXP and IA64. Each zip has the object libraries and executables
for noSSL, hpSSL and OpenSSL. I haven't had a chance to look into
providing PCSI kits, but I would be interested in how you went about
building the kits. I'd much rather look at a working example, than
try to read the fine manual, myself. :)

Regards,
Marty