Re: runtime error on the example programs?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:54:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Terry Lueders wrote:

> After installing CURL and cc the examples, I found this runtime error on all
> the example.
>
> tlueders_at_lifedev:~/curlexamples$ fopen
> ld.so.1: fopen: fatal: libcurl.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed

Try 'ldd [example]' and you'll see that ld doesn't find libcurl at run-time.
You need to take action to make it do so.

If this is Linux, you should make sure libcurl is present in one of the
directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf (man ld.so for details).

If this is not Linux, you can probably set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the dir
in which the libcurl library is installed.