Re: another host resolve code re-org

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:43:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Expect this change to have some initial quirks and flaws we need to smoothen
> out when I commit this (they are quite substantial and will affect many
> parts of the code). The autobuilds will be as useful as ever.

Ok, I committed it now. I did set a tag in CVS just before (named 'pre-aifix')
in case there's a need to go back or do diffs later on.

I've run all 202 tests successfully on Linux ipv6-enabled, ipv6-disabled and
ares-enabled with the new resolve code.

I have no doubts this commit breaks at least a few things! ;-)

This patch makes lots of code simpler, smaller and easier to follow.