Re: Linking problems (_BN_* stuff)

From: Olano, Ever <eolano_at_cybersource.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:34:19 -0700

Hi, Guenter. All I did was add $(SSLLIBS) and $(WINLIBS) in the LNK line in Makefile.VC6 as the release-ssl config did not include them out of the box. Not sure why I'm getting the warnings.

Here's a sample:

ssleay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006: _ConvertSecurityDescriptorToString
SecurityDescriptorA_at_12 already defined in libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second def
inition ignored

I get tons of warnings similar to that.

It looks like ssleay32.lib and libeay32.lib duplicate some (or all) of the symbols. What do you think could cause this? I did not do anything special to OpenSSL. Just followed the instructions to build it. Did you have to do something not in the documentation before building OpenSSL?

By the way, the _BN_* linker errors are gone. Apparently, the RSA Crypto-C library that I was using had conflicts with OpenSSL. RSA asked us to use a later version, which fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Ever

Message: 1