Re: Building CURL for ucLinux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:50:11 -0700

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:51:26PM -0700, Vijay Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build curl for ucLinux version 2.4.21.
> My compilation is on a machine running Fedora (this is
> where i compile C applications and then download it to
> the ucLinux machine). I set the environment for the
> ucLinux machine(basically the same thing i do to
> compile a C app) on the fedora machine, and then run
> ./configure. I think the script tries to compile the C
> code and execute a.out on the fedora machine. THis
> causes error since a.out can only be executed in the
> ucLinux machine. So I tried fooling around with the
> -build and -host options but i really donot know what
> to set the values to.( What should be the name for the
> ucLinux machine??). If i set it to 'uCLinux' I get
> error that ucLinux machine not found. Forgive my
> ignorance on this. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've just uploaded a couple of uClibc builds to http://curl.haxx.se/auto/
one native and one cross-compiled. For the native build, I just set the
CC environment variable to the uClibc toolchain's gcc and gave a couple of
options to configure to stop it trying to use glibc-linked SSL and zlib
libraries. For the cross-compiled build, I did essentially the same as well
as giving the --host and --with-random options to configure.

As an aside, the native uClibc build failed test 503, in the same way as
the last NetBSD build. I don't know if I'll get a chance to look into it.

>>> Dan