Using libCURL asynchronously

From: Evil Kosh <evil_kosh_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:11:52 +0100

Hi guys,

ok, got a small problem. My application, when the internet is offline,
stalls whilst curl is waiting for a connection, but this is really
problematic, since it you have >1 files and the wait is around 30
seconds to timeout, your app stalls for 30 seconds, then you get around
1/2 second to do something before the next download kicks in, then it'll
stall for 30 seconds again, all this time, you are not able to interact
with the application because it's effectively in a while() loop
situation, where the interface isnt able to respond.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to use libCURL asynchronously,
without using threads? or is this the ONLY way to do it? if thats so,
it's not a major problem, it's just not a 5 minute job, plus possible
race conditions I'd rather avoid.

Thanks for your help guys!

Chris Thomas
Md, Antimatter Studios