Re: File upload in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:11:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> nice catch for me either since I found some other things which do not always
> work on NetWare...
>
> on NetWare we have volumes which are silmiar to drives on Win32, OS/2; but:
> the volume name can be up to 16 chars, so I will need to introduce a similar
> part for NetWare as is already in for Win32 (lines 122-153); and in addition
> NetWare can use both / and \ as separator:

The latter shouldn't be a problem since URLs only use forward slashes as path
separators, and this particular code is run on the path as converted (or not
converted) from the input URL.

> all these are valid paths on NetWare, and the real special thing is the
> following where a servername appears in front of the volume name:
>
> servername[48]/volume[16]:path
>
> that means that we can have a slash even before the path has started....

So, we need to do some pretty advanced magic in Netware to have this code
work...

> now to the recent patch: can we perhaps use something like that to allow
> both / and \ ??

No need for that, there won't be a mixed case since the URL syntax doesn't
allow backslashes as path separators.