Re: gknauf: curl/src Makefile.b32,1.3,1.4

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:11:12 +0200

Hi Greg,
>> am i maybe missing yet anouther library i should be linking into the app
>> maybe or do i need to build the openssl library myself and use it? thanks
>> in advance
> you will have to rebuild libcurl self; I've just changed the Makefile.b32;
> please fetch again from CVS;
> then set an environment var WITH_SSL=1, set OPENSSL_PATH to point to your
> OpenSSL package, then re-compile...
> sorry but that's only a quick hack; I will further look into the Borland
> build this weekend...
I've just tested with OpenSSL;
unless you get the *.lib built _with_ BCC from somewhere I'd suggest that you try building OpenSSL self. I've just tried that, and although I got tons of warnings (as I've seen with all other compilers too!) it ended up with the two *.lib in the out32 directory; then I tried to build and link curl.exe with them, and that worked fine with recent Makefiles from CVS. To build the OpenSSL libs I did exactly the steps described in INSTALL.W32 in the Borland section.

Guenter.