Re: curl-multi: Pausing download with connection open

From: James Bursa <james_at_semichrome.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:12:54 +0100

On Thursday 15 July 2004 15:12, Richard Atterer wrote:
> I'm writing a program which can perform several concurrent downloads.
> Sometimes, I want to pause a download, but keep its TCP connection(s) open.
>
> I tried to use curl_multi_remove/add_handle() to achieve this, but it
> doesn't seem to work. After the curl_multi_add_handle(), libcurl 7.11.2
> does not seem to like the re-added object, it tears down the connection and
> reconnects:

I think that there is no supported way to pause one download from a multi
session.

I found that the only time curl_multi_remove_handle() can be safely used is
before curl_multi_perform(), or after curl_multi_info_read() indicates that
it has finished. I thought this was intentional, but now I've looked at the
man pages again I'm not sure.

James