Re: strange SSL disabled

From: Andy hobbs <andy_at_trogs.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:23:00 +0100

Hi,

What os are you using?

redhat by default installs the curl libs to /usr/lib/libcurl.....

When you compile libcurl and do a make install it will install to
/usr/local/lib

curl-config will report the newer version with ssl working, however the
os will use the older version.

The best solution I have found to this is to simply copy the curl libs
from /usr/local/lib into /usr/lib

Hope this helps

Andy

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 09:44, Marek Elsner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I compiled libcurl with SSL support, but I get a strange behaviour of
> libcurl.
>
> $ curl-config --feature
> SSL
>
> $curl -s https://sourceforge.net
>
> also everything is correct, I have connection with page
> https://sourceforge.net
>
> When I am trying to get connection with https page via c program I get:
>
> " * libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!"
>
> OpenSSL 0.9.7d
> Compiling libcurl:
>
> $ ./configure --with-ssl
> $ make
> $ make install
>

> I do not know why I can get content of https page via curl -s, and I cannot
> do it via c program.
>
> thx

Andy hobbs <andy_at_trogs.org.uk>