[ curl-Bugs-1004105 ] negotiate service-name should be in uppercase

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:20:11 -0700

Bugs item #1004105, was opened at 2004-08-05 20:20
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=1004105&group_id=976

Category: libcurl
Group: wrong behaviour

Initial Comment:
When using the '--negotiate' authmethod, libcurl expects a lowercase

| http/<host>@<domain>

principal-name. This breaks at least the interaction with mod_auth_kerb
(http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/) and MIT krb5 which expects an
uppercase service in the principal (HTTP/<service>@<domain>).

This uppercase service-name is used by recent mozilla/firefox, so curl
should probably use this notation also.

A patch would be something like

| if (neg_ctx->gss)
| - service = "khttp";
| + service = "KHTTP";
| else
| - service = "http";
| + service = "HTTP";

in lib/http_negotiate.c (I am not sure about the 'KHTTP' as I never
saw it before).