Re: libcurl error under windows: No buffer space

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:31:53 +0200

"Andreas Rieke" <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de> said:

> when I use libcurl with MS Visual Studio in a Windows environment, some
> code which works fine under linux causes some trouble.
> It is version 7.12.0 I use (with OpenSSL 0.9.7d) and the easy interface.
> curl_easy_perform returns an error "Failed to connect to
> test.arp-guard.com IP number 1: No buffer space".
>
> I use cURL to establish an encrypted HTTP connection with an Apache web
> server on the other end. The error does not occur always, but only
> sometimes (maybe when there is more data to transmit). Did anyone see
> similar errors? Any ideas what to do?

This can happen when the length argument to send() or recv() are too big
(or somehow uninitialsed). Not sure what the limits are, but probably controlled
by the SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF options.

Does it happen in connect(), recv() or send()? There should AFAICS be no reason
Winsock should return this error in connect().

--gv