Re: IRIX quirks?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:36:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> Comparing this to the Linux prototypes it seems we should get the same
> definition if we define _XOPEN_SOURCE on IRIX, we could probably even set it
> to 500 (in fact that's what I find myself doing when trying to get stuff to
> compile without warnings on IRIX, AIX and Linux withouth having to add
> ifdefs everywhere).

Have you tried to add -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 to the CC flags and rebuilt libcurl
and checked that it works fine?

I googled around for "IRIX _XOPEN_SOURCE" and found several sources that
mention other problems that might appear if this define is set to 500.

I found one mentioning of it where they only set it when not using gcc - for
example.

This isn't very important. This is just to get the last MIPSPro 64bit compiler
warnings vanish from the autobuilds.