Re: cURL sometimes crashes under MS Windows after DNS problems

From: Andreas Rieke <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:39:33 +0200

Hi, thanks for your detailled answer. First of all, yes, the crash
happens ALWAYS after the previous call ended with a name resolution
error. My first step will be to try out cURL 7.12.1 to see if that one
has the same problem. If so, I can either change to the unthreaded
gethostbyname (BTW: How can I do so?) or I can try to compile a DEBUG
version hoping that the debugger tells me where it crashes. As I am not
an expert concerning the internals of cURL, the same question arises for
the debug version: How can I do so? Thanks in advance, Andreas