Using libcurl for async operations: Cannot use callback write function

From: Shaul Eizikovich <Shaul_at_checkpoint.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:39:03 +0200

Hi there,
I'm trying to write an API that encapsulates libcurl.
I try to find a way to send a download request and forget about it until it
ends.
What I did was this:
1. I created a synchronous function using and easy handle and a writeback
function (CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION) - This works.
2. I encapsulate this function with a multi interface. This fails, since the
callback function is never called.

I've noticed that a there has already been a discussion about this back in
May, but it did not seem to end.
Also, all the examples do not use CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION and always use
'select()'. Is it essential to use it? why?

I work on Windows 2000, libcurl 7.12.0
Thanks