Re: Using libcurl for async operations: Cannot use callback write function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:50:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Shaul Eizikovich wrote:

> 2. I encapsulate this function with a multi interface. This fails, since the
> callback function is never called.

Can you show us a simple application that repeats this behavior?

> Also, all the examples do not use CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION

That's just because they are very simple examples. I'll welcome new
contributions with better examples.

However, when libcurl has no CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION set, it calls its own
internal callback instead, so the functionality is the same.

> and always use 'select()'. Is it essential to use it? why?

It isn't essential, but it is stupid not to. Because if you don't, you'll be
busy-looping a whole lot when there's no data to transfer - without any
additional benefit.