Re: HTTP 1.0 and multi handle question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:52:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Roma Koifman wrote:

> Could it be because the default behavior from the http.c (line 1255 in
> 7.12.1 or line 1281 in 7.12.0) is
>
> /* We default to persistant connections */
> conn->bits.close = FALSE;
>
> and then in transfer.c we set it to TRUE only and only if the response
> was in HTTP 1.0.
>
> In my case the response is 1.1 and this is the reason for my problem ?

Yes, that's what causes libcurl to assume a persistent connection for this
case. I haven't actually considered this case before. I suppose it works
better for you if you make that assignment depend on the data->set.httpversion
value?

I'm also a bit puzzled about the "Proxy-Connection: close" header you
received. RFC2616 doesn't seem to mention such a header, but I would guess
that if libcurl would've understood it it would've closed that connection...