Re: Can't resolve proxy with 7.10.5

From: Ben <nascarben_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:22:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Ben wrote:

> I'm using win2k to develop, but I'm building to run on win95 up. All I'm
> getting back from libcurl is CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY. All of the
> setopts return fine and when I try to connect without a proxy I don't have
> any trouble at all. I am only trying to connect to a http site, no https.

Doesn't ring any bells. I don't recognize this problem.

Does it remain if you try the latest libcurl version? Are you sure you don't
accidentally destroy the proxy string buffer before libcurl is done using it?

That was my problem. I was losing the proxy string before libcurl was finished with it. Once I relocated the proxy string everything is working fine. Thanks for your help. That might be a good thing to put in the man pages. I know it should be something that can be assumed after reading how to use CURLOPT_URL, but maybe not everyone would make the connection. Thanks again Daniel.

Your Friend,
Ben
Before you get led astray. Check those new "virus" emails to make sure you aren't being used.
McAfee
http://vil.mcafee.com/hoax.asp
Symantec/Norton
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/