Re: 7.12.1 Solaris build problem with getdate.y

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:33:07 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> This particular flaw has been corrected in CVS since the 7.12.1 release.

Thank you, I should have checked.

> Can you try to simply remove the offending 'expect' line first? It might
> be the only thing that prevents it from working fine with yacc.

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple: commenting out '%expect'
causes the subsequent '%pure_parser' line to choke in the same way.
Removing that line as well allows yacc to complete with an exit status
of 0, but the build subsequently fails like this:

  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -O2 -MT
getdate.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/getdate.Tpo -c getdate.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/getdate.o
getdate.y: In function `curl_getdate':
getdate.y:986: error: too many arguments to function `Curl_gd_parse'
/usr/ccs/bin/yaccpar: In function `Curl_gd_parse':
/usr/ccs/bin/yaccpar:274: error: too few arguments to function `Curl_gd_lex'
/usr/ccs/bin/yaccpar:316: error: too few arguments to function `Curl_gd_lex'
getdate.y:249: error: `cookie' undeclared (first use in this function)

So I guess it depends on how attached libcurl is to the "extra arguments
for yylex" referred to in the comment above %pure_parser.

For the purpose of local hacking I can of course work around this by
modifying my lib/Makefile to not remove getdate.c on clean.

M. Biswas