Re: FTP_IGNORE_PASSIV_IP [Virus Checked]

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:57:51 -0700

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:08:16AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> It works only if the NAT firewall is naively converting the IP addresses of
> the traffic that goes through, without caring much for which ports that are
> involved.
>
> Since Ed's patch works for him, his firewall must do something like that.

That's the only thing I could think of that made sense, but it's not much of
a firewall if it lets any packet through. Nor does masquerading do any
good if there's only one machine on the other side.

> On my end, I'm thinking: Is this a feature more people than Ed will ever
> find use for? Should we add this to libcurl?

I can't imagine that this is a common mode of operation for masquerading
firewalls, but I'm no expert on what is out there.

>>> Dan