Re: multi interface

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:13:14 -0700

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 03:17:35AM +0530, Arvind Sachdeva wrote:
> I was using the easy interface for my app, recently moved to multi interface.
> In the easy interface, when curl_easy_perform used to return, I will
> know that my GET request for data is finished and I can call the
> further library routines for the buffer.
>
> But, Now I have moved to multi interface and I just cant know when is
> the download of data finished. Is there a callback I can hook, which
> gets called when all the requested stuff is done for this handle
> (Something parallel to curl_easy_perform returning in the easy
> interface.)

This is covered in the multi interface overview at
<http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html>, specifically this
paragraph:

    To get information about completed transfers, to figure out success
    or not and similar, curl_multi_info_read(3) should be called. It
    can return a message about a current or previous transfer. Repeated
    invokes of the function get more messages until the message queue
    is empty. The information you receive there includes an easy
    handle pointer which you may use to identify which easy handle the
    information regards.

>>> Dan