Re: libcurl on Solaris 10 X86

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:44:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Mohun Biswas wrote:

> * Obsolete interface ioctls using struct ifreq that are supported
> * for compatibility. New interface ioctls use struct lifreq.

Aha! I googled for 'struct lifreq' and I found this man page:
http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mansec?7P+if_tcp

It seems we should be using 'struct lifreq' instead of 'struct ifreq' here,
and we should be using SIOCGLIFADDR instead of SIOCGIFADDR. We also need to
adjust how to extract the address from there since the struct members are
named differently and I expect that it supports ipv6 etc as well.

If you help me dig up details and make it work, I'll make sure to do the
configure magic necessary.