Re: libcurl on Solaris 10 X86

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:28:45 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> It seems we should be using 'struct lifreq' instead of 'struct ifreq'
> here, and we should be using SIOCGLIFADDR instead of SIOCGIFADDR. We
> also need to adjust how to extract the address from there since the
> struct members are named differently and I expect that it supports ipv6
> etc as well.

Hmm. I was about to respond "false alarm" because I just figured out
what my problem is. But I'm glad it helped shed light on "struct lifreq".

My problem, as a cautionary tale for others, was that after installing
Solaris 10 beta I grabbed a bunch of pre-built freeware packages from
www.blastwave.org. Unfortunately, since it isn't released yet they don't
have an archive of Solaris 10 binaries so it was silently serving me
binaries built under Solaris 9. Which is fine for most programs but it
caused me to use a version of gcc that had been built for Sol9 and
interacted badly with Sol10 headers. Once I built my own gcc natively
the problems went away.

> If you help me dig up details and make it work, I'll make sure to do the
> configure magic necessary.

I'm not a low-level networking person and know next to nothing about
these interfaces. But OTOH I have Solaris 9 & 10 and you don't ... so
I'll be happy to help if you tell me what to do. Would it help if I sent
you a copy of <sys/sockio.h> to start with? Or you could just make the
above two changes and send me a package and I'll see how it works.
Respond on the list and I'll get back to you privately using an email
address that actually works.

M.Biswas