Re: libcurl and openssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:19:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 Bastian.Zacher_at_aspect-online.de wrote:

> checking for curl_off_t... yes
> checking size of curl_off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
> (curl_off_t), 77
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Last lines of config.log:
> #endif
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
>
> configure: exit 1

I very much doubt that is the test that failed.

I strongly suspekt this failed because the directory you told configure to
find OpenSSL in, isn't in your ld.so.conf file, so when configure tries to run
a program (that is linked with OpenSSL now), it fails to run it because ld.so
doesn't find the correct libs.

> Anybody out there, who knows how compile and install libcurl against
> openssl?

It is really very simple and you've done it correctly. This little failure is
just a common mistake along the way.