Re: Segmentation fault in SCO Unixware with libcurl,why?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:41:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, [utf-8] ??? wrote:

> I made some test and found that if there is a repsonse message from the http
> server, whether it is a normal response or a abnormal repsonse, the httpget
> program will sure core dump.

Did you build with some kind of optimize enabled? If so, can you rebuild
without it? (as it could make the exact source file and line number get
displayed wrong when doing the analysis of the core)

The stack trace of the core dump shows the crash point to be the source line
where libcurl calls strncasecmp() with reasonable arguments.

If that really is the point where the program crashes, then it looks like your
libc is bad or something. That's why I asked for an explanation.

I assume the curl tool crashes the same way on the same URL? If not, the
problem is more likely to be in your program than in libcurl.