Re: Segmentation fault in SCO Unixware with libcurl,why?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:26:30 -0700

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 11:28:14AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, [utf-8] ??? wrote:
> >I tried build in root user and surprising to see that it works fine.But if
> >i build in a specified user, it will not work.
>
> To me that indicate some kind of system problem in your end.

It sounds like it might be a library or compiler mismatch somehow. Try
making sure all the libraries in use by your program are compiled with the
same compiler, and that the correct libraries are being loaded at run-time.
If it works as root, perhaps some library can't be loaded by other users
due to permissions, so a different (an incorrect) one is used in those
cases.

>>> Dan