Re: problem within libcurl configure

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:41:14 -0700

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 11:17:33AM -0400, Iris Jing wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I tried what you suggested:
>
> rpm -V `rpm -qf /usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so`
>
> but there is no error message (actually no message at all). And I queried

No news is good news!

> the
> krb5 format and it's krb5-devel-1.2.7-10. Here is what I got from
> the standard output.
>
> =============={ Command & Std output }====================
> [user_at_host user]$ rpm -V `rpm -qf /usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so`
> [user_at_host user]$ rpm -qf /usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so
> krb5-devel-1.2.7-10
>
> ==============={ End }=================================
>
> If we have a wrong version of krb5-devel package installed, is there any
> *safe* way
> to fix it? The problem is that this machine is not my own box, so I have
> to be very
> cautious if I need to do a patch.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Now that I think about it, the libgssapi_krb5.so file is probably a
symbolic link to the library included in the krb5-libs package. Look
for an error in the command "rpm -V krb5-libs". Red Hat has issued a
security fix for that library, by the way; you should upgrade to the
1.2.7-14 version of your krb5 packages. If an incorrect installation
or version is the cause of this problem, that ought to fix it as a bonus.

>>> Dan